
I've barely started it, so I can't recommend for or against it, but I do like the first line on the back cover: "Praise is something we are, not something we do." Amen!
I want people to look back on my life and say, "She walked with God." I want to live a daily life of praise, of communion with God as I notice and experience and truly cherish the gifts He gives. And He does give good gifts, doesn't He?! I am realizing that we often neglect to thank Him for His biggest gifts--trials, suffering, pain. Seems like a contradiction in our world, huh? How can suffering and pain be a gift?! But the Word of God clearly says that God withholds no good thing from His children, that He works everything together for the good of those He loves. So even trials are gifts from a God who loves us enough to want to see us change.
On a completely unrelated note, I'm terrible at decorating. T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E. Kinda like I'm terrible with fashion, but that story is for another day. This made me pretty happy, though:
I've been doing some MAJOR spring cleaning...which is really funny, considering I live in ONE room...and really don't have all that much to my name. Nursing students don't have time to scrub toilets...unless they are on spring break = ) That vase resurfaced in my cleaning, and I decided to fill it with my extensive collection of writing utensils. It made me pretty happy. Go ahead, laugh. What can I say? It's the little things in life that bring the greatest joy = )
Want to know my plans for spring break? {Ahem. Just pretend you do, then.}
*I want to eat some french toast sticks. I know, I know...I sound like I'm 5 years old. My mom made these for us a couple of times when I was a kid, and the other day I randomly got a craving for them.
*I'm gonna hit up the old Windy City with my mom and younger sibs for a weekend...pretty excited, especially for some Ed Debevic's and a cake shake from Portillo's. Are you noticing a trend with my spring break plans? Well, I better add this one then...
*I'm gonna try--key word TRY--the 30 day shred {with Jillian Michaels} workouts. I'm actually super excited about it. Who doesn't like not being able to get out of bed the day after an intense workout? = )
*I'm gonna spend some time with dear friends...it's hard to believe I haven't been home since Christmas. Lots of catching up to do...
*Finally, I am planning on taking an overnight retreat by myself. I am so looking forward to some time away by myself to be with Jesus. I need it so badly.
That's about it! Any great spring break/breaking into summer plans yourself? Praying you discover new ways to live in praise to Him everyday!
Much love,

1 comment:
That was fun to read - thank you!
Post a Comment