Sunday, May 19, 2013

When your soul is bone-tired...

..."Tell me 10 things you're thankful for"
Today I am weary. Not the kind that can be cured with a nap, but the kind that leaves your heart feeling like it is running a marathon. I wish I could explain why, or what sort of marathon I have been metaphorically running, but I don't really even know or understand myself. I'm just tired...drained...empty.

When I was younger, one of my bestest friends in the world, who also happens to be my wise older sister, would always pull me out of a funk (i.e. miserable pity party) by requiring me to do "thankfuls" with her. She would say, "Tell me 10 things you are thankful for." Nothing like being grateful to remind you that life is not all about you pull you out of a funk. Did I mention that she is wise?
 
My thankfuls for tonight:
1. A picnic at the park with a friend
2. Surviving kids' church this morning...thank you Jesus for wisdom and flexibility! Two essentials when you are dealing with 12 preteen boys. Ha!
3. Iced coffee. Um, yes please!
4. Baby snuggles with the sweetest, most laid back baby I have ever met. For reals.
5. A beautiful day yesterday...building a pond for a sweet lady and her family. Boom!
6. House M.D. Be still my sarcasm/bloodgutsgore/mysteriousdisease-loving heart.
7.  A robin's nest with new life cooking...right outside my bathroom window.
8. Windows. Seriously...spring would not be the same without them.
9.  Rollerblading at sunset...what I am about to do = )
10. His mercy...which is new every morning. Amen and amen.
 

No comments: