Friday, April 15, 2011

He cares about the details

I've been thinking this week about how grateful I am that Jesus meets me where I'm at. When I'm tired, when I'm scared, when I can barely walk (30 day shred, remember?), when I'm content, when I'm not content...No matter where I am emotionally, physically, spiritually--He's there. Can you imagine if we had to meet HIM where He's at?! I know I would never get there.

I finished my second week of the school quarter, and while I am definitely busy and challenged, I am so incredibly thankful for the Lord's presence and comfort. It is so easy to lose sight of Him in the midst of the storm, but when I keep my eyes fixed on the Author and Perfecter of my faith, of ME, everything else starts to fade away.

I have so much running through my head and racing around my heart, but I wanted to share a thought with you all...remember that He cares about the details of your life. In fact, He delights in the details of your life. "The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand" (Psalm 37:23-24). Allow Him to hold your hand, to meet you right where you're at.

If you are facing anything scary or challenging or daunting or exciting...I would be privileged to pray for you. Just leave me a comment on this post or shoot me an email at the address listed under the "Contact" tab above.

At peace because of Him,

3 comments:

Grace McC. said...

Hello. :) I've been reading your blog for quite some time now, but I'm not sure I've ever actually commented. And I really don't know how I found your blog in the first place, but I've loved it and been encouraged and inspired from the very start. :)

So, I thought I'd stop by and finally actually introduce myself if I haven't already. Hi. I'm Grace. :)

Anything I can pray for YOU about?

Abigail said...

Ok, I'm glad you introduced yourself, because I hopped on over to your blog and I LOVE it and I LOVE you = ) I'm gonna put your blog in my reader = ) If I lived closer to you, I'd say let's get coffee, although I don't even know if you like coffee since I just "met" you = ) Anyway, thanks for saying hi! I would love it if you would pray for me, but only if I can pray for you too = ) For me, that God would continue to equip and strengthen me for whatever He is calling me to do! For you?

E.FREE said...

I love this post, Abigail. well really, i love all of your posts!! thanks for doing what you do and sharing your heart on here:) i hope you are doing well!