Friday, September 3, 2010

Faithful

Today, I sipped on a pumpkin spice latte as I celebrated and reveled in God's faithfulness to me. Fall is coming, as promised by the hint of vibrant colors beginning to creep over trees in my neighborhood and the cool, gentle breeze sweeping through my hair. Fall is my favorite season, and this fall I am reminded of God's faithfulness. Sometimes, His faithfulness is like a gentle whisper...barely heard above the commotion of the world as we are hurled from one trial to another. Sometimes, like the day my Daddy took his final breath on this earth, His faithfulness is firm but silent. Sometimes, like my today, His faithfulness screams, "I am HERE! I am RUNNING with you!" Sometimes, His faithfulness is a sweet melody over a sleeping heart. But just as I know that fall is coming, because it always comes...I know that He is ALWAYS faithful. He is faithful in the Winter, when all is dark and you think there is no life left in you. He is faithful in the Spring, when you are filled with joy and just want to scream His name at the top of your lungs. He is faithful in the Summer, when the steadiness of His presence is as sure as the heat of the noonday sun. And He is faithful in the Fall, when you feel like you are a tree being stripped of your garment. He is faithful. He is faithful. He is faithful. Mmmm. I can curl up with a good book and a steamy pumpkin spice latte, knowing that I will wake up tomorrow a different person...every day brings new challenges and rewards that will change the story of my life. But HE will always be the same. Because HE is faithful.

No comments: